Monday 28 September 2009

Glossy

Not an update from Penrith, but one from home, I was lucky enough to be at home this weekend picking a laptop up, so on Sunday I made two trips to catch up with the Glossy Ibis that had been knocking about on the Saturday.
First trip I arrived at Cresswell at 7:30 to find it Glossy less, although there was 2 Scaup, 2 Greenshank and a nice appearance from the Otter.

I came back up to Cresswell at about half 5 where local Intel said that it was at Bell's Pond. When I arrived SP was just leaving, he said it was on a marshy patch of grass just opposite Bell's Pond and it was very approachable. This was a definite, down to about 3-4m, even a sheep dog walking past at close range, and barking at a rock didn't put this bird off probing into the mud.


No comments:

Post a Comment